.

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Reaching . . . Extending . . . Chasing. . . What? :: Essays Papers

hit . . . Extending . . . Chasing. . . What?This mantra plays through and through my head and my body like children on a jungle gym, baseball swing from youthful legs and arms, tearing new clothes, taunting, laughing, bouncing, running, ducking just out of my reach. I am conscious of some message they have to give me, yet not yet bowed enough to hear the whispers of meaning amid the shouts of proclamation. REACHI feel like Ive been reaching for something for a gigantic time, maybe my entire behavior. The reach I learned as a baby has certainly kept me exploring new worlds. I consumed books as a child, never satisfied until I demonstrate one more titbit of information on the aardvark or Algeria or Aunt Sues garden. I did not care what it was, I wanted to know it. But is that IT? Is knowledge of the world what Im after?I did book reports during the summer because I sentiment if I could just show the teacher that I was a sonorous worker, I could hold onto . . . I dont kno w. The favored imperfection in the class? The other students approval? My own sense of self-worth? The undersize girl got to college and couldnt sustain it anymore. No one cared, because everyone else was reaching for IT, too. So, she had to switch races.Reaching for bodily strength was a lot more productive, the fruits (no matter if they were bitter) were screamingly visible. No hiding the results of this race---success With every step I ran or exercising weight I lifted, my body grew more rigid with tension. I was ready to control IT, and I felt IT within my reach. Thankfully, I did not cross the get through line of this one, for I fear now what I would have found on the other side. Certainly not IT. Three years of my life spent reaching for something that only led to non-life spillage of relationships, loss of health, loss of desire. The only thing I had was schoolwork. I must make up for lost time. So I began to reach for relationships not just the casual nice con versation, but absolute emersion in any luck to connect with anyone. Seek them out, Heather. Get to know all those people you missed. Theres something in that respect worth reaching for, and youre pretty far behind the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment