.

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Grandparents House Essay -- Descriptive Writing Examples

Grandparents' House The car ride to my grandparents' house seemed to take half a day even though it was only a twenty-minute drive to Cedaredge. Although the back road over Redlands Mesa was a twisty tourney road, it drug on like a boring documentary. When the car finally pulled into the driveway of the long, white house with a neatly kept green lawn, I knew it was going to be a great day of fun, relaxation, and great food. As I walked around to the back door, my eyes took in the beauty of the grass swaying in the wind and the weathered barn off to the left of the pasture. Inside the barn I could see all sorts of different odds and ends hanging from the walls. When I opened the door to my grandparent's old house, a sweet, sensational smell of cooking food filled my nostrils and made my empty stomach growl. The aroma in the air was always a tease to my stomach and made me think my stomach was starting to eat away at itself. The normal activity of everyday life sends my family in a hundred different directions. My mom and dad both go to work, and my sisters and I go to school. After school, there are practices that all of us kids attend, and when we get home, we eat, do homework and go to bed. There is no time to sit down and play a game as a family or to just hang out together and talk about how the day went. Weekends and holidays are a time that we get to go to my grandparents' house as a family and have a day of fun visiting with family that I don't get to see very often. Their old house was to the west of the small town of Cedaredge, so there was not that many houses around it. When we went to my grandparents' house, we would ride our bikes around the neighborhood. My sisters and I would race on our bikes to see who ... ...d watch. Usually we were still playing on the Nintendo when it was time to leave, so it was a struggle to get everybody to stop right away. After my whole family was piled into the car, which as my sisters and I got bigger was a harder and harder task, we would wave goodbye to my grandparents and any other relatives that had come for the day. As we would pull out of the driveway, I would think back on the day and realize that I had to go back to the hustle and bustle of my everyday life. The trip home was not as long as the way over, but I could never wait until the next time we could go back to my grandparents' house in Cedaredge, for a relaxing day of spending time with my family and forgetting about our hectic life for at least a little while. Now, with both my sisters in college, the day when we go to my grandparents' house does not seem to come often enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment